Thursday, August 27, 2015

RUSTIC MEETS FEMININE

Hello!

As promised I'm back with a card share today.  My daughter's wedding theme was kind of Rustic Chic.  Her new husband is very much an outdoorsy guy.  The boutonnieres were empty shot gun shells filled with flowers, for crying out loud!  LOL.  My daughter on the other hand is very much a girl and is not so much the outdoorsy type.  They say opposites attract, right? ;)

Anyway, as I was thinking about her burlap and lace table runners, I was inspired to create a rustic chic card.



It took me awhile to warm up to the new In Color Tip Top Taupe but now I LOVE it!  I used that ink and the Hardwood background stamp for my Very Vanilla card base.  Then I ran that through the Big Shot with the Woodgrain embossing folder for added wood-like texture.

I'm hanging my head a little because the stamp set I used is not Stampin' Up! and that's a no-no for us demonstrators but it was close at hand so I just grabbed that (I was due to go out the door to another wedding so I was short on time. LOL).  I took a smaller Very Vanilla panel and just started stamping the flower images where I thought would look good.  At first I scared myself because I hated how the colors were coming together, but I told myself to keep going and I'm so glad I did!  It's the perfect mix of rustic and feminine.

The ink colors I used for the flowers were Delightful Dijon, Pool Party, Coastal Caribbean (retired), Watermelon Wonder, Crisp Cantaloupe (retired), Pear Pizzaz, Always Artichoke, Perfect Plum and Wisteria Wonder.  I tied everything together by stamping the flower centers in Delightful Dijon, another color I'm learning to love!

In the next few days I'm going to recreate this card using a Stampin' Up! flower stamp set and I'll be sure to share. :)

Stop by my website to purchase your own fabulous Stampin' Up! supplies!

Thanks for joining me at the Table today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)