Thursday, April 3, 2014

Life...

Hello!

I know it's been awhile since I've checked in here.  I'm so sorry about that.  Not that I posted a ton when I was posting "regularly", but anyway.  ;)

Just wanted to give you a little update about why it's been quiet.  I've been busy, people!

I made.... the centerpieces and favors for my sister's wedding in Las Vegas:


{Those cute little boxes were made with the We R memory Keeper's Gift Box Punch Board and the Sheer Metallic card stock.  The gold twine is also from We R Memory Keepers.  They are more simple than I had planned, but when one of my dogs decided the completed boxes looked good enough to eat, and the paper roses I wanted to make and put on top kept tearing, I decided to S.I.M.P.L.I.F.Y.}



I've been.... watching my boys play a lot of baseball games: (don't let that beautiful blue sky and green grass fool you...it was DANG cold! and that third photo shows what happened the next day!)




But mostly.... I've been helping my parents.  Last October my mom had breast cancer surgery.  A month later she found out she had lung cancer, and yesterday we found out her lung cancer has spread to her liver.  She'll be going through chemo.  I'm the only one here to take care of her.  My sister lives out of state.  My dad is 92 and has Macular Degeneration and needs help as well.  Don't feel sorry for me.  I'm just stating facts.  But it is hard watching your parents get old.

So.... I've taken a leave of absence from my We R Memory Keepers Design Team position for at least a few months,

And.... I've stopped doing Stamp Club and will probably no longer be a Stampin' Up! demonstrator after June.

But.... I'm still enjoying life.  I'm focusing on my family.  Enjoying being with them.  Having time to help them however I can.  Big changes are coming to my family within the next several months.  I want to be present and focused on that.  Not have any regrets or unnecessary responsibilities that I place on myself.

Spending 5 hours in the hospital with your mom gives you time to do this...

I will be.... participating in a fun blog hop coming up later this month, so watch for that.  And I will still pop in here once in a while with a card or scrapbook page or some other crafty creation.  Just in case you think I'm going away forever and you "unfollow" me.  I hope you'll stick around. :)

Thanks for joining me at the Table today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)